'A Christmas Story' House
Cleveland, OH 44109
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday through Saturday; Noon to 5 p.m. Sunday; From Nov. 26-Dec. 31 open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesdays
- Admission Price: Adults: $7.50
- Museum Type: Entertainment and Offbeat
- Dress Code: Anything Goes
- Audience: All Ages
Restored to its original condition in 2005, the house from the holiday favorite "A Christmas Story House," is open year round for public tours. Cleveland was one of three locations where the movie was filmed; the other two locations filmed took place in Canada.
Released in 1983, the movie celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2008 with a weekend-long convention in downtown Cleveland. Tours are offered every 30 minutes with the last one scheduled at 4:30 p.m.
A museum that houses hundreds of rare behind-the-scenes photos and costumes and props from the movie is located directly across the street from the house on West 11th Street. A gift shop is also located adjacent to the house.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Bustling, Cozy, and Tourist Spot
- Entertainment, On-site Merchandise, and Online Catalog
- Payment Methods
- Cash, Debit Cards, and Major Credit Cards
- Cross Streets
- W. 11th and Rowley
- Available and Street Parking Difficult